Thursday, March 9, 2017

Beginning Anew


BEGINNING ANEW



Open my lips to sing your praise,
Open my heart as my hands I raise,
Remove every blemish of sin’s dark trace,
Then flood my poor soul with merciful grace.

Hasten my Lord to sweetly console,
To mend what is broken, and to make whole,
I vow to submit and yield all control,
To Your Holy Spirit enthroned in my soul.

Long have I wandered in perilous night,
Weakened by sin and its deadly blight,
Come Lord again and fill me with light,
Have pity, be moved by my plight.

Lord raise me up from the miry depths,
Blot every trace of sin’s dire effects,
Restored unto grace I now acquiesce,
Conform my will to your holy precepts.


Myra D’Souza – 9 March 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo

         
Was born in Mumbai.  Studied in St. Michael's Convent in Karwar.  Went to Wadia College in Pune. Did a Secretarial course in Mumbai at Nirmala Niketan and at Burnleys Institute. Came to Kuwait at 21 years of age, and still  here.  Married with 3 wonderful children a girl and two boys and a great husband.