Thursday, April 5, 2012

DO NOT PASS ME BY


Come O Lord,
Do not pass me by,
You heard and stopped
When Bartimaeus cried,
Hear me too and ask me,
What I wish of You.

But You are God
And You know everything,
You know just what I need,
What is Your will for me?
Must I be crushed,
Tormented in the winepress
Of this suffering?

Grant that I may see,
And if this be Your will,
Then also grant the grace ,
That I will surely need,
To bow and say,
“I will accept Your will for me.”
 Amen.


Myra D'Souza / 5th April 2012

Lamentations 1:20a
“Look, O Lord, for I am in distress;
     my stomach churns;
my heart is wrung within me.”

2 comments:

  1. your poem has left me with mixed feelings
    so many sad thoughts.

    Pamy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how I was feeling since I woke up this morning and so I had to wring it out of my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo

         
Was born in Mumbai.  Studied in St. Michael's Convent in Karwar.  Went to Wadia College in Pune. Did a Secretarial course in Mumbai at Nirmala Niketan and at Burnleys Institute. Came to Kuwait at 21 years of age, and still  here.  Married with 3 wonderful children a girl and two boys and a great husband.