Thursday, October 6, 2011

THE GOOD SAMARITAN - Luke 10:25-37


“I love You Lord,”
How easily the words
Slither like the snake in Eden’s garden,
Reeking of deceit.
I am the Levite and the Priest,
Rolled into one,
For I’ve refused to love,
My neighbor as myself.

Behold the man that I refuse to see,
Cold my contempt for him,
For having left Jerusalem ,
To jaunt in Jericho.
Self righteously I cross the road,
As far away from him as I can get,
Yet I dare to sit upon God’s throne,
Consigning him to hell.

While I make haste lest I be late,
To make my own ascent to Zion.

No time to love my neighbor as myself,
To wash and bathe his wounds,
With the gentle oil of kindness.
I withhold the wine,
Of  my compassion,
I have no unction sweet,
To salve his hurt and heal his heart,
So unlike the Good Samaritan.

Myra D’Souza / 6th October 2011

1 comment:

  1. I like the dark tone you have in this one .. My mama is growing up as a poet .. Its similar to your older poems of being a sinner and all but its quite different from the others ..
    Muah - Sasha

    ReplyDelete

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo

         
Was born in Mumbai.  Studied in St. Michael's Convent in Karwar.  Went to Wadia College in Pune. Did a Secretarial course in Mumbai at Nirmala Niketan and at Burnleys Institute. Came to Kuwait at 21 years of age, and still  here.  Married with 3 wonderful children a girl and two boys and a great husband.