Thursday, January 6, 2011

I AM NOT ALONE



I will walk with You my Lord,
No matter where you lead me,
I will stay by You my Lord,
No matter where we go.
Though the road is dark as night,
And narrow is the pathway,
With my hand in Yours I know  -
I never am alone.

My life has had its share of pain,
I’ve tasted joy and sorrow,
Death has strode in boldly,
As it claimed with  wanton force.
How often I have drowned in tears,
But in my darkest hours,
Unfailingly my Lord I've known -
I am not alone.

Recently the gloom of night,
Enshrouded me in shadow,
Agonizing grief and loss,
Overpowered my soul.
Vanquished for a while I lost,
Awareness of Your power,
Forgetting for a while that I -
Never am alone.

Every time I feel bereft,
And sorrowing I falter,
You deign to stoop from heaven,
Embracing me once more,
How wonderful it is to know,
That in my darkest hours,
You reassure me once again -
I am not alone.


Myra D’Souza / 6 January 2011

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I like it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sis for reminding us that we are never alone no matter what. Beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo

         
Was born in Mumbai.  Studied in St. Michael's Convent in Karwar.  Went to Wadia College in Pune. Did a Secretarial course in Mumbai at Nirmala Niketan and at Burnleys Institute. Came to Kuwait at 21 years of age, and still  here.  Married with 3 wonderful children a girl and two boys and a great husband.