Thursday, November 19, 2009

BUILDING BRIDGES



Let’s build a bridge together,
That arches through the years,
Revisiting in memory,
Dreams we both held dear.
A time when we built castles,
As we walked in the rain,
Sketching dreams in vapor,
On life’s window pane.
Our fancies lived a moment,
The bubbles soon would burst,
Each would soon face heartache,
Each would experience hurt.
Can we bridge the distance?
Can a way be found,
To breach the years between us?
Can we find common ground?
A time that we remember,
Like it was yesterday,
Could link us to the present
If love could have its way.

Myra D’Souza/19th November 2009




2 comments:

  1. This poem was written for my dearest and best friend in all the world this side of paradise. This cherished friendship was lost to me for a while but in time God restored it. Thank You Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda Serpes Willard:
    That is a beautiful poem Myra, it filled my eyes with fog or was it tears? I loved the line "sketching dreams in Vapour
    on life's window pane"
    what am I saying I loved everything.I loved it thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo

         
Was born in Mumbai.  Studied in St. Michael's Convent in Karwar.  Went to Wadia College in Pune. Did a Secretarial course in Mumbai at Nirmala Niketan and at Burnleys Institute. Came to Kuwait at 21 years of age, and still  here.  Married with 3 wonderful children a girl and two boys and a great husband.