Tuesday, April 21, 2009

TRUE GIVING


When I’m called to be a giver,
Do I pause to count the cost?
Do I hesitate, procrastinate,
Until the moment’s lost?

When I’m called to be a giver,
Do I weigh the pros and cons,
Will I regret tomorrow,
Today’s benevolence?


When I’m called to be a giver,
Do I give of my excess?
Or like the poor widow,
Give all that I possess?

When I’m called to be a giver,
May I never count the cost
Of tender loving giving,
Just as the Master taught.

Myra D’souza/1.12.1998

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo

         
Was born in Mumbai.  Studied in St. Michael's Convent in Karwar.  Went to Wadia College in Pune. Did a Secretarial course in Mumbai at Nirmala Niketan and at Burnleys Institute. Came to Kuwait at 21 years of age, and still  here.  Married with 3 wonderful children a girl and two boys and a great husband.