Tuesday, April 21, 2009

THE SWEETEST NAME



I whisper Your Name
It’s like music,
A sigh on a soft summer breeze,
The Name first revealed,
By the Angel,
To a girl soon a mother to be.

Your Name
Is the music of angels,
Soft as a mother’s caress,
Your Name is my sanctification,
In reciting Your Name
I am blessed.

I whisper Your Name
In the morning,
When I come to You in prayer.
And through the course
Of the hours,
I whisper it over again.

Then once more when night
Draws her curtain,
Another day comes to a close,
I say thank you Lord,
For grace, strength and power
In the sweetest of names - Jesus.


 





Myra D’souza  - 20.4.1998

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo

         
Was born in Mumbai.  Studied in St. Michael's Convent in Karwar.  Went to Wadia College in Pune. Did a Secretarial course in Mumbai at Nirmala Niketan and at Burnleys Institute. Came to Kuwait at 21 years of age, and still  here.  Married with 3 wonderful children a girl and two boys and a great husband.