Tuesday, April 21, 2009

THE STRANGER


The other day while walking
Along old memory lane,
I saw someone in filthy rags,
I couldn’t place her name.
She looked like someone I had known,
Someone out of the past,
She looked so worn and joyless,
She looked so very sad.

I looked again and recognised,
Who this person was,
She was none other than myself,
Before I’d found my God.
I look into the mirror now,
And what change I see.
For I have hope in Jesus,
My Saviour lives in me.

I have peace and happiness,
Such joy I’ve never known,
I have Love that satisfies,
The longings of my soul.
How sad she was that stranger,
I met out of my past,
So full of sin and misery,
So sorrowful and lost.

I’m glad I met that stranger,
My old and sinful self,
For now I know without Him,
My life is meaningless.
Now I walk with Jesus,
My loving God and King,
In Christ I am made perfect
And that’s why my soul sings.

MYRA D’SOUZA
18.2.1998

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo

         
Was born in Mumbai.  Studied in St. Michael's Convent in Karwar.  Went to Wadia College in Pune. Did a Secretarial course in Mumbai at Nirmala Niketan and at Burnleys Institute. Came to Kuwait at 21 years of age, and still  here.  Married with 3 wonderful children a girl and two boys and a great husband.